Shop OCD in Elementary

For hands-on resources for elementary classrooms

Shop Now!

Career Day!


Career Day!  

So, the tried and true question... What do you want to be when you grow up?  Students might get stumped on all kinds of writing prompts, but this one seems to be such an easy thing for them to write about.  They all know at the prime age of 6 EXACTLY what they want to be when they grow up.  I wish it was that easy when they are 18!  Anyway... We started this activity when we moved away from students wearing costumes to school for Halloween.  We changed the name to Career Day, and now teachers and students dress accordingly.  

Writing Activity

So, with this writing activity, students not only write about why they are choosing that career, they also write about what they will need to do that particular job, and then label some of the items needed.  It ends up looking great on a bulletin board or hanging from the ceiling.  


I honestly think this is one of my favorite activities!!  Here's the link to my Career Day activity.  One of my kindergarten co-workers asked for a Community Workers set, so I created that as well.  

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message - let me know if you have a classroom that I can check out as well:-)